POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects : Re: Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:01:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Improved intersection routine for CSG-Intersection objects
From: Warp
Date: 15 Dec 2003 10:13:55
Message: <3fddcfb2@news.povray.org>
> if you only target one operating system for one reason or another

  In my opinion it's not good to think "I will be making this huge program
for (the current version of) Windows and that's it; I will never want to
port it to any other system and I will trust that newer Windows versions
will support this system call as it is now".
  The day you, for some reason or another, want to port it to another system
(or when a new windows version breaks that system call), you will curse
your decision, specially if you have ten thousands calls scattered all
over the place... ;)

  (Ok, that is a bit extreme, but I still like to encapsulate system-dependent
things as far as it is feasible and makes the code cleaner.)